CSMA 4x4
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plain Explorer 7th June 2009

2 posters

Go down

Plain Explorer 7th June 2009 Empty Plain Explorer 7th June 2009

Post  landie57 Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Just to say a big thank you to everyone involved in organising this event, a great day out. I think the route provided something for everyone and the navigation was challenging at times (well I thought so!). It was good to see some different parts of the Plain and some byways not previously driven.
Looking forward to the next one.
landie57
landie57

Vehicle : Land Rover 1957 88 series 1

http://vintage-gardenmachines.freeservers.com/

Back to top Go down

Plain Explorer 7th June 2009 Empty Re: Plain Explorer 7th June 2009

Post  Dai_Sportrak Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:42 pm

I also want to say a big thankyou to the event organisers. My team comprising of my 2 kids (Observers) and my Father (Navigator) thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

We managed to find all the answers in the morning but this did make us late for lunch. The afternoon session was curtailed when I decided getting more fuel was more important the the final few clues, we didn't want to run out whilst going down some back of beyond lane.

We has a scarey moment trying to find point 40 in the afternoon (something like colour of tape on chimney on a barn) we went down a very steep badly rutted chalky lane, it was a one way trip, no going back once committed. The chassis and underside took a right old battering, luckly no lasting damage though. Grid Ref 096557. Did any one else go on this lane ?

Mark,
Car 18
N.E. Hants
Dai_Sportrak
Dai_Sportrak

Vehicle : Sportrak

Back to top Go down

Post  landie57 Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:21 pm

Pleased to hear you made it safely down the hill, North of checkpoint 40. We came up it in the morning, (cars 16 and 32 both Land Rovers and I think the 2 oldest entered 1957 & 1974), not sure if any others did, would be interesting to know.
landie57
landie57

Vehicle : Land Rover 1957 88 series 1

http://vintage-gardenmachines.freeservers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down